Remove from data brokers
Data brokers collect every single piece of data that they can about individuals, connecting the dots to build robust consumer profiles. They can use all kinds of techniques to gather the data and piece it together using your IP address, your smartphone’s device ID, and other common traits.
To view all services, click here
We curate the largest publicly available database of data brokers covering the USA and Europe.
What is a data broker?
Data brokers are defined as private persons or, more often than not, firms that specialize in gathering information from various public web sources. Data brokers then process, clean, and structure the collected data and then license it for businesses and financial firms.
A data broker is a company that sells personal information about you. This information is then stored against a unique identifier to build up a detailed picture of the needs, wants, and habits of individual consumers and sold on.
Companies with global operations and customers need to comply with data privacy regulations and prevent violations.
Are data brokers legal?
Laws vary by jurisdiction, and the legal picture is not always clear-cut. Generally speaking, if data brokers use public records to obtain information, then their activities are legal, though there are gray areas.
What are the data protection laws?
Data protection laws protect individuals with regard to the processing of their personal information by organizations. They define organizations’ responsibilities when processing personal information and grant individuals certain rights concerning their data. Many countries have data protection laws; some go further in terms of the protection they provide than others.
Data broker’s data breach examples
Aside from the ethical and legal issues raised by data brokerage, one area of concern is the scope for data breaches. Data brokers compile sensitive information that could have severe consequences for the individuals affected if it falls into the wrong hands.
How to protect yourself from data brokers
It isn’t easy to stay off data broker lists entirely. Still, you can opt out of data collection by contacting data broking sites individually to request they remove your details, which is time-consuming. Alternatively, you to do this for you by pressing here. A better approach is to try to stay off data broker lists in the first place by taking steps to safeguard your privacy online.
Privacy issues and regulation
Information privacy laws are not as strict in the United States as in the European Union, where data brokers work hard to get around the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations brought into operation in 2018. Under GDPR, data can only be collected for re-use on one of six legal bases.
What type of data do brokers collect?
Data brokers collect every single piece of data that they can about individuals, connecting the dots to build robust consumer profiles. They can use all kinds of techniques to gather the data and piece it together using your IP address, your smartphone’s device ID, and other common traits, such as:
- Full name
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Address including previous places of residence
- Social security number
- Data about assets owned (including real estate)
- And more!
What are the pros and cons of hiring a service for data broker removal vs. doing it myself?
Many companies offer services to remove your data from sites like Truth Finder, Intelius, Checkmate, People Finders, US Search, etc. So are much information online on how you can easily do it yourself? The only difference? Some companies offer monitoring services, but if you know where you are listed, you can quickly check. The only difference is your time!
Take control of your privacy
- Choose your jurisdiction
- Choose your Country or State
- Select the organization and fill in a short form
- Fill in the following form to create a data request email
- After successful payment on your part, the process to complete your request will begin.
- The report will be sent to your email or uploaded to the system
- After selecting an organization and filling in a short form, we will generate a request email to the chosen organization, or the request will come to our support.
Your request will be evaluated, and a cost will be sent to you for this request;
- We will follow up with you after a request has been sent to ensure that the request is resolved in your favor
- This can include sending the organization reminder emails and escalating to the government regulatory agency by selecting in the Deleteme order system
- USA data broker notification send us your request on the order form.
- Europe – Data broker notification $99
- UK – Data broker notification $99
- Rest of the World – Data broker notification $150
- Order your data broker removal on request. Your request will be evaluated, and a cost will be sent to you for this request;
- Doing it myself FREE; you can easily Search on the Internet.
All our services are a one-time fee with no monthly or yearly subscriptions.